Friday, September 30, 2011

Astronomy Class Stargaze

9/28/11
            Astronomy night was the first of many to come, and I hope the ones to come are just as awesome. Throughout the night the stars were easily visible without a cloud in the sky. There were no visual obstructions, except for the person in the white dodge dakota drifting through the parking lot. I was amazed to be able to see Jupiter, and that it had a more reddish glow to it. Also the fact that I could witness the actual movement of a satellite was unreal. I have never seen a satellite from direct sight before, and the speed at which it moved was very awesome. Throughout the night people were gazing at shooting stars and gasping when they saw them. To my misfortune I did not witness a single shooting star, but hope to see one in the future. Through the telescope I was able to witness many clusters of stars. Such as m=8, and I believe the other cluster was 13. I believe the 13 cluster was much more dense as there was a more hazed appearance. All together the night was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment