Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Astronomy Observations- 5

October 21, 2010
                   Astronomy night was yet again a success. The sky was clear except for some hazy clouds in the lower portion of the northern sky. I observed Scorpius, which at the time was jsut above the horizon. Sagittarius was just above it. The binocular stand was interesting as well. I was able to observe the sky through a reflecting contraption. I saw the many stars that were in the previous systems as well as others in the Milky Way. Over the shell parking lot was Delphinus and Job's Coffin. One of my favorite parts of the night was the passing over of the telescope. This is what i found most interesting. As an object that is so far away from us, that we can physically observe the reality of its existence and speed. I have always seen images of satellites but have never actually viewed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment