Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Astronomy Observations- 7

October 22, 2011
              -After the astronomy night I looked up at the sky Tuesday morning and saw an extremely bright object in the North West corner of the sky. I could not see the moon very well, but this object was the most pertinent object in the sky. I assumed it was Mercury or Venus as Mars is generally a reddish color and this was a blueish hue. I did not expect that it was actually Jupiter as at the previous night it was in the Northeast portion of the sky. I sometimes forget that due to the Earth's rotation objects can drastically change their position in a few hours of time. It amazes me that astronomers have been able to record so many astronomical effects. It was at this moment that I really appreciated the time and effort tht has gone into hundreds of years of study and observations of the night sky that has given us what we have in Astronomy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment